Click on the map to see a larger view of the map.
The Back Bay Hilton is at the intersection of Dalton and Belvidere, near the lower-left hand corner of the map. To go to the Prudential Center, exit the main door on Dalton St., cross Dalton St. and enter the lobby of the Sheraton Boston. On your left, you’ll see an escalator up. Go up one level. Take a right off the escalator. You’ll see the entrance to the Prudential Center down the hall, past the Business Center.
In short, if the weather is bad during Smofcon, you only have to walk across Dalton St. to easily access dozens of restaurants and many stores of all kinds.
Prudential Center is now home to Eataly, an amazing conglomeration of deli/bakery/sandwich shop/grocery/liquor store/cooking school/upscale dining. Yes, you can spend a lot of money at Eataly, but you can also get out with a cup of soup or a piece of pizza. And, if you come in on Wednesday, you could drop by for Wine Wednesday.
If Eataly sounds a little overwhelming, there are many fast food spots in the Prudential Center, in addition to full service restaurants like Cheesecake Factory. The much beloved Legal Seafoods has left the Prudential Center, but there is another Legal Seafoods a few blocks away at Copley Place. Atlantic Fish Company on Boylston St. is another highly-recommended seafood restaurant. There are also two wonderful eating spots on Dalton on the same side as the Hilton – Summer Shack (a must for raw bar and lobster fans) and Bukowski Tavern (a cash-only joint with big beer selection & great pub food).
- Prudential Center Restaurants, just across across Dalton St.
- Zagat Guide to Back Bay Restaurants
- TripAdvisor’s Top Back Bay Restaurants (a little heavy on expensive chain places, but some good suggestions)
Nearby grocery/liquor stores include:
- Bauer Wines and Spirits, wine, beer, spririts, 330 Newbury St., Boston, MA 02115, 617-262-0363, open daily, about 3 blocks away (on map).
- Trader Joe’s, food, deli, beer, 899 Boylston St., Boston, MA 02115, 617-262-6505, open daily, about 3 blocks away (on map).
- Star Market, lots of food, deli, beer, 53 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA 02199, 617-262-4688, about 4 blocks away (on map).
Other Cool Places Nearby
- Boston Public Library – one of the best libraries in the country is within four blocks. 700 Boylston St., Boston, MA 02116
- New England Historic Genealogical Society – a fabulous library for genealogy & history buffs, .8 mile walk from the hotel. If you are not a member, they charge a $20 fee to use the library, but it’s worth it. 99 – 101 Newbury St, Boston, MA 02116